Pacific Terminal - PAC1 Dock Remediation - Phase 3
Project: Pacific Terminal - PAC1 Dock Remediation - Phase 3
Duration: March, 2012 to September, 2012
Owner: Viterra Inc.
The project involves repairs to four concrete caissons that support Jetty #1 at the Pacific Terminals grain loading facility. Repairs include the following activities:
- Removal and disposal of wood wales on the east and west faces of the caissons
- Filling voids and erosion damage on the east and west faces with shotcrete
- Repairing corner damage and replacing eroded concrete with steel jackets & concrete fill
- Repairing cracks in the concrete caisson faces with sealer and staples
- Filling small voids on the caissons with shotcrete
- Filling underwater voids in the caissons with tremie concrete or grout
- Filling undermined voids beneath the caissons with tremie concrete
Most of the work will be conducted from floating platforms with support equipment on the jetty. The work must be coordinated with terminal operations and scheduled during times between freighter dockings.