JJM Construction is a family owned company that is involved in all aspects of construction such as heavy civil, structural, marine construction and environmental and navigational dredging. JJM is committed to providing every project with a highly skilled work force, a highly respected management team, highly developed quality control and safety programs and a commitment to growth, stability, quality and performance to get the job done right.
Miller Contracting, founded by MJ Miller in the mid 1940's, evolved to become a premier force in heavy, civil and infrastructure construction. In addition, it operated the largest marine construction fleet in western Canada.
- 1940's - M.J. Miller founded - as a single-truck gravel hauling business.
- 1966 - John Miller joined the operation in 1966 as a Mechanical Superintendent.
- 1972 - John Miller becomes president of Miller Contracting
- 1973 - Miller Contracting sales reach $5 million
- 1987 - Miller Contracting becomes largest marine construction fleet in Western Canada
- 1988 - Miller Contracting sales reach $40 million 1988 - JJM Construction founded.
- 1990 - JJM Construction purchased Miller Contracting 1991 - The JJM Group is founded.
- 1992 - The JJM group sales reach $40 million
- 1996 - JJM Maintenance founded.
- 1996 - The JJM Group wins a substantial maintenance contract in the province of British Columbia.
- 1997 - The JJM Group becomes the 35th largest contractor in Canada and the 9th largest in the province of British Columbia with sales over $65 million.
- 1998 - The JJM Group expands its market into the US. JJM is awarded a $10 million US marine construction job in the state of Washington
- 1999 - Braybrook Transport Ltd. added to the JJM Group
- 2001 - Braybrook becomes Miller Cartage & Contracting
- 2002 - JJM acquires over $8 million of marine work in the State of Washington. JJM Construction Ltd. and Miller Contracting Ltd. amalgamated under the name of JJM Construction Ltd.
- 2003 - JJM acquires over $12 million of marine work in the State of Washington. JJM purchases home office site on River Road, Delta.
- 2004 - JJM Maintenance completes maintenance contract for Service Area #1 after 8 successful years. JJM acquires 135 acre gravel pit in Nanaimo. JJM becomes one of the top 100 Private Companies in BC
- 2005 - JJM Construction opens Vancouver Island Branch Office at Cobble Hill.
- 2006 - JJM Construction relocates Head Office to new office space at 8218 River Way, Delta BC.
To be the preferred source of quality construction services and products while building an enduring, innovative and successful organization.
"Building to Last"
- To specialize in road building, heavy civil and marine construction
- To supply construction materials and delivery services
- To provide quality project supervision and workmanship through recruitment, training and systems support
- To foster a corporate culture where our employees have a safe, respectful and rewarding work environment
- To deliver projects on schedule and on budget
- To maximize the utilization of resources
- To seek business opportunities that optimize our multi-disciplinary capabilities
- Safety is to take continuous action to ensure a safe work environment for employees, subcontractors, and the public.
- Quality is to take continuous action to build quality
- Environment is to develop and maintain a corporate culture of environmental stewardship
- Integrity is to follow honest and transparent business principles in all that we do
- Commitment is to do what we say we are going to do
- Entrepreneurship is to continuously seek out opportunities to be challenged and to grow
- Accountability is to be leaders who take responsibility and ownership for what we do
- Acknowledgement is to take pride in achievement and to celebrate successes
- Stewardship is to recognize JJM as a valuable resource, to manage it wisely, and to take responsibility to preserve it for future generations
JJM is committed to providing quality work to our customers that meets the project standards and specifications for materials, workmanship, tolerances, schedules and public service while maintaining profitability and competitiveness.
JJM seeks to achieve quality by instilling the principle of "Building to Last" in the efforts of all levels of staff.
JJM ensures continual improvement through quality processes which are directed by a strong management team.
JJM Construction Ltd. is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace with safety as a primary consideration in all we do.
To achieve our goal of becoming an industry leader in safety performance, JJM provides safe and healthful working conditions, safe work procedures and rules based upon experience, safety knowledge and competent supervision. JJM is committed to creating and maintaining a corporate safety culture.
Everyone at JJM has the responsibility to prevent accidents and injuries by observing established safety procedures, following the directions of supervisors and reporting unsafe and/or unhealthy conditions. As a company, we are committed to conducting Health and Safety Risk Assessments, preparing and implementing supplementary project-specific Health and Safety Plans as required and providing safety training.
Where a worker ha been injured and is on a lost time WCB claim, JJM will work with the individual and WCB to facilitate early return to work. We will strive to achieve superior standards through the implementation of the JJM Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
JJM Construction is committed to preserving the environment by:
- Developing and maintaining a corporate culture of environmental stewardship.
- Conducting Environmental Risk Assessments and preparing project-specific Environmental Control Plans as required.